April 28, 2010

Homecoming


I got a 1992 Dodge B250 van for $500 and I want to make it into a street van. I will be tracking my progress and try to include as many pictures as possible. I brought it home on Tuesday April 27th. The front left brake was dragging and was smoking hot when I got home. The first thing I did was take out the interior plywood paneling and remove the pink insulation that was causing rust in the doors and around the rear wheel wells. I also removed the running boards. There is some rust on the lower body and that's about it. I plan to first repair all the rust and paint the underside of the van and get it in good working order. Then I will move to the interior and start figuring out how to do some upholstery. I want to use a dark green vinyl fabric on the walls and dark green carpet. Black ceiling, not sure what material I will use for that yet. I will change the red seats and trim up front to black.







2 comments:

  1. this is a nice looking van Nick, looks like it will be a great project. I like your choice of colors. Aunt Mickey

    ReplyDelete