April 29, 2010

Clean up

So when I bought the van the guy waned to keep the alloy wheels that were on it. If I had another $400 I could of kept them, I didn't have the money so I used a set I had laying around. I like the black rims and that will be what I will be getting. I am looking at the Black Rock Lobo rims. I had to change the front ones on the van cause those black ones were rubbing way too much.

 I cleaned the interior in the front and took apart the dash and replaced the dash lights cause they were burned out, while I was at it I removed the green covers that were over the lights so instead of a green lit dash it is now white. I like that look alot better.

I tried cleaning the back but apparently black is hard to clean so although I got rid if the dirt and dust I had alot of streaks. I didn't feel like dealing with that today so I will try again another day.

When I removed the front wheels my brother and I took a look at why that one wheel was dragging and getting hot. it seems the caliper might need to be changed. I cleaned the grooves the caliper rides in and put some anti seize in there and it helped a little. Took it for a drive and it didn't get hot at least. I will drive it when I go to town tomorrow and see what happens. I think if I keep using the van it will free that caliper up.

Now Here is a few pictures of the rust. It's really not too bad for this old of a dodge van. The doors are pretty solid and the parts that do need repair will be easy, nothing too complicated just time consuming.


I hope my 88 Ramcharger sells soon so I can get some new tires and rims. and I will get the repair panels, paint and supplies to fix the rust.

No comments:

Post a Comment